Tuesday 20 October 2009

S/S 10 Press Day

I spent the whole day traveling around London previewing S/S 10 collections. First arriving at maharishi, where Chris gave me a very detailed talk on the collections. It is a welcoming news that maharishi is back and again delivering very strong pieces with turning its attention to details.
Then went over to 'a number of names' and looked at a few brands that they manage in Europe including BBC/Ice Cream and Bathing Ape. From the sample products that I've seen I can say that the essence of these brands have become more sophisticated and toned down, this is a definite good direction the brands are taking.
Upon visiting the showroom, I came across a store call 'Present'. It carries a wide range of products, from medicom toy to Raf Simons. It's kinda a version of the french boutique, Colette, but in Shoreditch, London. Do check out the store which has a great vibe and amazing coffee.
To sum the day up, I can see that all the brands have indeed toned down and more sleek in terms of patterns and shapes. This is a welcoming trend, which I much prefer then to the loud graphics and colours last couple of seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment